The B team was called in to make lunch today. I am glad my momma taught me how to get around a kitchen when I was young, ‘caus I really love cookin’.
Sylvia Wormley threw this ketogenic menu at me today, and I dove right on it. I love using a digital scale when I cook.
Zaramyth's Spicy Italian Sausage Soup
Nice soup for two. 2053 calories 28g carbs (5g fiber) 187g fat 0g protein
- Large Frying pan
- Small scale
- measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Cheif's knife
- 302 grams hot Italian Sausage 3 large links cut into slices
- 48 grams cooekd bacon about 4 strips
- 53 grams chopped onion 1/3 cup
- 4 grams minced garlic cloves about one large clove
- 114 grams fresh spinich leaves about 4 cups
- 160 grams fluid heavy whipping cream 2/3 cup
- 20 grams parmesan cheese 4 tbsp
- 1 dash salt optional
- 1 dash pepper optional
- Place a skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice large sausage links into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Add chopped bacon and sausage to pan and cook until sausage is no longer pink inside.
- Saute minched garlic and diced onion
- Continue stirring until onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour in half the amount of chicken broth, scraping brown bits from skillet, then pour the remaining broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and mix in spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and heat through, do not boil
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.
This is a wonderful soup to eat. There is a little prep time, but if you get all of the ingredients measured and ready to go the process of cooking this soup will be so easy. It took me about one hour to make this soup from the time I started pulling ingredients out of the refrigerator until I was serving ti to my wife. The original recipe called for the small sausage links, but I purchased the larger sausage links and sliced them up to make this soup. Either way, when